As New Mexicans who live and work here in the Land of Enchantment, we are committed to doing everything we can to preserve our beautiful environment. Together, we can move our state forward, powering progress that will make a difference for generations to come.
Let’s shine a light on the many steps we’ve taken together:
- We’ve supported hundreds of clean energy jobs by building solar centers, harnessing the wind for power and supporting our customers’ efforts to conserve energy and save money by installing their own solar systems. Jobs were also created to add environmental equipment to reduce emissions and to help preserve bird habitats.
- Through our $270 million investment in one million solar panels and counting, we’ve helped New Mexico land in the top ten for solar installments.
- Our 15 solar centers in New Mexico will produce enough energy when the sun is shining to produce energy equivalent to serving about 40,000 homes.
- We’re already generating enough wind power to support the energy needs of 73,000 homes, but we didn’t stop there. Last year, we increased our wind power capacity by another 50 percent to continue tapping this renewable resource.
- If you combine the solar, wind and geothermal generation PNM has installed, we produce enough “green” energy to power more than 154,000 homes. These sources together will save 400 million gallons of water per year and reduce air emissions by the same amount as produced by 201,000 cars on New Mexico’s roads.
- By working together through PNM’s energy efficiency programs, we have reduced our power consumption of an equivalent energy consumed by 10,417 homes per year. Since 2007, our energy efficiency programs have reduced enough electricity to conserve 481 million gallons of water and prevent 905,000 metric tons of carbon emissions.
We’re not stopping here. We will continue to work to power our state’s progress for future generations to come. Together we will make a difference.